Contingent Property And Portfolio Risks
BJIC Ltd is able to arrange cover with insurers who offer an innovative, responsive and efficient approach to all aspects of insuring title to property through experienced underwriters. The range of insurance products deal with known and unknown aspects of title, allowing property transactions to be completed on time, or at all, economically and with greater security for the participants.
Restrictive Covenants and Defective title indemnity
Cover is available for buyers and secured lenders dealing in residential and commercial property against known defects and other problems with title, including:
- challenges to ownership
- defects in title documents or their registration
- known and potential covenants and other restrictions on use
- lack of access and other rights
- adverse rights affecting land
- unknown mortgages and other charges
- invalidity and lack of priority of mortgages.
Additional features of cover include:
- exceptional insuring capacity, avoiding the need for co-insurance
- defence of the title by the insurer, at its own cost
- automatic inflation cover for residential property
- optional inflation cover for commercial property.
We have access to a telephone and on-line service for residential cases, and also for commercial cases where the policy amount is up to £2 million. For other cases, specialist insurers aim to provide a non-binding offer of cover, providing the necessary information is available, within 24 hours of receipt of the enquiry.
Title insurance is now a recognised way of managing due diligence in property transactions involving large numbers of assets, or where later dealings may involve repetitive title examination. Investors and lenders are able to close deals and manage assets more quickly and cheaply while lawyers can concentrate on aspects of service which clients can see as adding value. This type of portfolio service is used in:
- giving assurance on title quality in acquisition of companies by shares
- assembly, financing and refinancing of portfolios of property interests
- securitisations and other capital markets dealings.
For further information please contact us at: email@example.com